Jasmin is an assembler for the Java Virtual Machine. It takes ASCII descriptions of Java classes, written in a simple assembler-like syntax using the Java Virtual Machine instruction set. It converts them into binary Java class files, suitable for loading by a Java runtime system. We provide you with a Jasmin editor which was built with Spoofax.
To update the Spoofax plugin in Eclipse, perform the following steps:
- go to Help -> Install New Software…
- in the Work with field, enter
- press enter and wait for the update site to load
- press Select All
- press Next and wait for Eclipse to calculate what to install and update
- press Finish to download and install updates
- when a security warning pops up, press OK to dismiss the warning
- when Eclipse has installed all updates, it will ask for a restart, press Yes to restart Eclipse
If installation fails with errors indicating that “updates are not permitted”, it means that your Eclipse installation is in a location that requires admin rights to write files. This is the case on Windows if you’ve copied Eclipse to Program Files. Move it to a directory where you have write access, such as the desktop, to solve the problem.