Homework Assignments Week 2.5: Interpreters
- What is the meaning of a program?
- Describe two approaches to define the semantics of programs in a language
- How are these approaches related?
- What does it mean for a compiler to be correct?
- How can we ensure that a compiler is correct?
Consider the following DynSem rules:
rules If(BoolV(true), e1, _) --> e1. If(BoolV(false), _, e2) --> e2.
- Explain what these rules mean using their explicated form
- Construct a program fragment AST that let’s an interpreter according to these rules get stuck
- How could the semantics be made more robust?
- What is partial evaluation?
- Why would you want to use it?
- Give the three Futumara projections and explain their meaning